We would like to take a moment to welcome each and everyone of you to THE PINES OF KAWARTHA. Thank you for choosing THE PINES as your vacation destination and we hope that you have a great holiday with us.
Here is some helpful information to make your stay a more pleasant experience. Read this information at your earliest convenience. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. We would be pleased to assist you.
Aubrey (416) 200-0426 or Cheryl (705) 887-2489
Inventory has been taken prior to your check-in. Please take time to review the list provided in the cottage and report any discrepancies to the office. An initial supply of toilet paper, soap, paper towel, dish detergent and coffee filters are supplied to each unit. If the supply is exhausted it is the responsibility of the guest to replace at his own expense. Please review these rules upon your arrival, so that all guests may enjoy their stay:
- Occupancy rates will be enforced per the registration form signed at check-in. An additional charge of $20.00 per person per day will be charged for those exceeding the maximum occupancy. Water provided in the cottages is lake water and can be used for washing dishes. It is not drinkable. Please bring your own potable water.
- Please bring your own linens such a bed sheets and pillows covers. All beds are double beds. We do not supply linens.
- Quiet time is enforced between 10 PM and 8 AM. Please be considerate of other guests. Ensure that your children are safe and well-attended. Disruptive behaviour, loud music / television, abusive language etc. may be grounds for immediate eviction without refund.
- No pets are allowed.
- No tents are allowed.
- No bikes allowed in the cottages.
- No items are to be removed from the cottage.
Waste Management: Recycling and Waste Collection
Due to the new garbage and recycling disposal regulations of Kawartha Lakes Waste Management all waste must be disposed of as follows or it will be the renter’s responsibility to remove from the property:
- GARBAGE to be placed inside the bins within the caged garbage area in ONLY the clear bags provided.
- Recycling to be placed in each marked bin provided within the wooden enclosure in garbage area.
You will find clear bags inside each cottage upon arrival. If you need more clear bags, please ask and we will happily provide you with additional bags. Thank you for your cooperation.
During Your Stay
- Drive slowly on the entrance road.
- Ensure the damper is open before lighting a fire in the fireplace. Clean fireplace if used place ashes in container marked “ashes” in the garbage cage.
- Tuesday is garbage day. Garbage and recycle items are your responsibility. Bins are provided for easy use.
- Cars will be parked in the VISITOR'S PARKING LOT after unloading.
- Use plastic mattress covers on beds provided for small children.
- Swim at your own risk. Please supervise your children. Lifeguards are not provided.
- Do not drape or stow towels or clothing on the cottage deck or patio. Please use clotheslines provided.
- THIS IS MANDATORY: PLEASE RETURN ALL WATER CRAFTS--KYAKS, CANOES, LIFE JACKETS AND PADDLE BOATS TO THEIR ORIGINAL LOCATION AND OR STAND AND SECURE AFTER EVERY USE.
- Check in time is 3:00pm and check out time is 11:00 am on Fridays and Saturdays. Please be punctual on check out as we have new arrivals every week and need to clean the cottages promptly.
- Clean kitchen area. Make sure all used dishes, pots and pans are washed, dried and put away in their proper locations.
- Rooms are to be left in a tidy manner when checking out. A $200.00 charge will be assessed to a guest if their cottage requires extra cleaning.
- A $30.00 key charge is required on all lost keys.
- Grill – please ensure that the grill is left clean so that others may use it after you have finished. Please turn off the gas after usage.
- Replace all furniture to its original place
- The PINES is not responsible for personal items that are lost or left behind. Please check your cottage thoroughly upon departure.
Septic Systems (septic tank and tile bed)
Ensure that you:
- Conserve water.
- Advise immediately of leaky faucets and malfunctioning toilet.
- Limit the use of drain cleaners and disinfectants.
- We recommend that you use organic household cleaners like baking soda and vinegar.
- Keep vehicles and heavy objects off the tile beds.
- Do not allow the following items to get into your septic tank: Grease, fats, coffee grounds, cigarette butts, diapers, paper towels, coloured or heavy pile toilet paper and feminine products. A general rule of thumb is – if it does not break down naturally, then do not flush it into the septic tank.
THANK YOU, THE PINES Cottages Management